Sailor Moon
Summary:
This series revolves around a group of girls who are reborn guardians of a kingdom that once spanned the Solar System. The group, known as the “Sailor Scouts,” is made up of Sailor Moon (the leader), Sailor Mercury, Sailor Mars, Sailor Jupiter, and Sailor Venus. Throughout the series, it is the girls' duty, to defeat all evildoers who threaten to take over their world and disturb the peace. This show spans to about five seasons, with each season having a new antagonist and a new opponent in each episode.
Personal Opinion:
This anime is something I had really enjoyed when I was a kid. It has everything a little girl would ever want in a TV show. The series has beautiful girls with magical powers, accessories that can be used as weapons, lots of pretty transformation sequences, and adorable talking animals. What is there not to love? It is a pretty wholesome anime compared to some other anime shows. There is not much violence and rarely any nudity. The art work is relatively simple, but it's fitting to the simple but entertaining anime series.
Suggestion:
I think that it depends on the person. This series is a wonderful anime classic that has been said to have redefined the magical-girl genre. However, I'm not sure a teenage girl would find it sustaining. It is very cute and interesting in the beginning because the main plot of the series and its backstory holds the watchers attention. However, it can feel a bit repetitive. Personally, I'd be happy to watch it again. It's a nice series to watch for a relaxing day at home.
No comments:
Post a Comment